A Collection of Writing

This site is merely a collection of poems, short stories, and occasionally other musing by Robert Streiff. If you're a friend, an enemy, or a curious bystander who happened across this page, by all means, enjoy your visit, and feel free to offer any advice, comments, or criticisms, they are all appreciated.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Your Favored

The world, it seems,
Does grant you wings,
To fly about unburdened.
For me, received,
Is leaden spikes -
Immobilize my action.

And love, it seems,
At every angle,
Falls within your lap.
While I, alone,
Must grasp for straw -
Acceptance never given.

Though hate, it seems,
I'm unable to give,
Favored though you be.
And you, it seems,
Grant me yourself -
Sweetest fruit forsaken.

(Original date 7/6/2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment