A Collection of Writing

This site is merely a collection of poems, short stories, and occasionally other musing by Robert Streiff. If you're a friend, an enemy, or a curious bystander who happened across this page, by all means, enjoy your visit, and feel free to offer any advice, comments, or criticisms, they are all appreciated.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Awake

Awake, awake
Always awake
The sun dawns new
And I'm awake
Awake, awake
Awake

Awake, awake,
The world revolves
The sun spins round
Awake.

Awake I lie
New light breaks free
My eyes burn
Fresh with tears
Awake, awake
Awake.

Sleep is a gift
I cannot unwrap
Though see it
Like a child at Christmas
Out or reach
I'm out of touch
With reality, and dreams
Awake.

Philosophize
Or write a song
Or play a game
It's useless.
Tired of body
Weary of mind
But always
Still awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment