A Collection of Writing

This site is merely a collection of poems, short stories, and occasionally other musing by Robert Streiff. If you're a friend, an enemy, or a curious bystander who happened across this page, by all means, enjoy your visit, and feel free to offer any advice, comments, or criticisms, they are all appreciated.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rage

Tile shattered.
Knuckles bleeding.
Porcelain chipped at my feet.
Sweat drips down.
Tears follow closely.

Anger, anger.
All this anger.

Shout at myself.
Hate myself.
Slide down cracked wall.
Stare at the blood.
Congealing.

Hate, hate.
All this hate.

Heavy breathing.
Tears run dry.
Heart beats faster.
Blood runs hot.
Rage controls.

Rage, rage.
All this rage.

Lie in a ball.
Think a little late.
Hate myself more.
Dust drifts to my shoulders.
Dampened floor rests my head.

Calm, calm.
All this calm.

Close my eyes.
Knuckles sting.
Sob on the floor.
Give up.
Suicide.

Life, life.
No more life.

(Original date 11/6/2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment