A Collection of Writing

This site is merely a collection of poems, short stories, and occasionally other musing by Robert Streiff. If you're a friend, an enemy, or a curious bystander who happened across this page, by all means, enjoy your visit, and feel free to offer any advice, comments, or criticisms, they are all appreciated.

Monday, November 1, 2010

I Want

I want to give you flowers,
Sealed love notes in wax,
With soft candlelight,
Illuminating our dinner.

I want to dance in moonlight,
Holding you tight to my heart,
Breathing in the midnight dew,
Like flies living for the night.

I want to feel the very life of you,
To see your soul in your eyes,
Link souls in an astral chain,
And let the world dissolve around us.

But simplest of all the things I want,
Is for you to see my face unmasked,
For you to know who I truly am,
And want me for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment