A Collection of Writing

This site is merely a collection of poems, short stories, and occasionally other musing by Robert Streiff. If you're a friend, an enemy, or a curious bystander who happened across this page, by all means, enjoy your visit, and feel free to offer any advice, comments, or criticisms, they are all appreciated.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Storytime

Before the humid night turns grey
And the crickets chirp grows mute
Tell me all your favorite tales
Of fancies, follies and pursuit.

Tell me of the massive book
That is your darling life
I'll listen on this sweat soaked bed
With the sun and moon at strife.

Impress me with a fine adventure
Or sadden me with sorrow
The night ends soon and after all
Who know what comes tomorrow?

And with your final graceful lines
The sun's rays break the pane
A final query about my role
Secondary character, or main?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Everyone knows that storytelling is best done at night. This reminds me of the movie Arabian Nights that came out in 2000. It's nearly 3 hours long, but it's definitely worth the watch if you enjoy good storytelling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good bobby. Such a smooth/even flow to it. Plus I love the point of view you wrote it from...I have such difficulty writing poetry as if it were an excerpt from a conversation.

    -DLB

    ReplyDelete