A Collection of Writing

This site is merely a collection of poems, short stories, and occasionally other musing by Robert Streiff. If you're a friend, an enemy, or a curious bystander who happened across this page, by all means, enjoy your visit, and feel free to offer any advice, comments, or criticisms, they are all appreciated.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Aphrodite

Musical.
Your words,
Your voice,
Your sweet goodbyes.
Musical.
Praise the silence.

So soft.
Your skin,
Your lips,
Your footsteps as you leave.
So soft.
Run my hand along sandpaper.

Intoxicating.
Your scent,
Your perfume,
The fading aroma on the pillow.
Intoxicating.
Let me breathe.

Delectable.
Your skin,
Your fingertips,
The bitter salt of your goodbye tears.
Delectable.
I crave the tasteless.

Stunning.
Your beauty,
Your anatomy,
Your crying eyes.
Stunning.
Leave me blind,
My fair skinned Aphrodite

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm unusually gentle and tender...very Pablo Neruda...and very nice!

    -DLB

    ReplyDelete